What are the M1 Visa requirements?
Since there is no cap in the number of permits issued every year, you only need to meet the set M1 visa requirements to have your application accepted. The conditions of eligibility are:
- Be accepted at a SEVP institution;
- You must pay the full cost of your program before commencing your studies;
- Have high English proficiency, enough to allow you to follow your vocational classes. You can prove your knowledge of the language by taking a standardized English proficiency test, such as the TOEFL or the IELTS;
- Have a nonimmigrant intent. This means you are supposed to go back to your home country after you complete your course. In other words, you should prove strong ties by providing evidence of a permanent foreign address or family ties;
- Be able to sustain yourself financially. To confirm your financial status, you should submit evidence, such as bank accounts statements.