What is a P3 Visa?

The P-3 Visa is for those who want to temporarily enter the U.S. to perform or coach under a culturally unique program.

It is a nonimmigrant permit available for artists, entertainers and support personnel. Applicants can enter the U.S. either as individuals or as members of a group.

How can IAS help with your P3 Visa application?

Our network of immigration lawyers is ready to provide their best guidance.

Your case will be followed by a dedicated attorney, who can support you and your sponsor for the entire application process.

We can review if your art form meets the legal definition of “culturally unique program”. Together, we can build an explanatory itinerary of your project and get your labor organization approval.

If you want to know more about your opportunities to get your visa, get in touch with our team. You can either use our online contact form or call us on +1844 290 6312.


Who is eligible for a P3 Visa?

The P-3 Visa is a nonimmigrant permit for entertainers who wish to come into the U.S.

As an art, you can take part in any “culturally unique program” or share and develop your unique art form.

This visa is also available for foreign nationals coming to the U.S. to teach or coach. Support personnel to a P3 holder can apply as well, as long as they can demonstrate their role within the cultural project.

This permit is not available for professionals working in the sports industry. If this is your case, you should submit a P1 Visa application. Filmmakers and other artists engaged in informative activities should apply for a foreign media visa.

What are the P-3 Visa requirements?

To be eligible, you must intend to enter the U.S. either individually or as a group to represent or teach your art.

To meet the P3 Visa requirements, you must:

  • Take part in a cultural event aimed at developing your art;
  • Be employed in a cultural program that can be either commercial or non-commercial;
  • Intend to leave the U.S. when your authorized stay expires;
  • Develop, interpreter, coach, or represent a “culturally unique program”.

To be “culturally unique”, any artistic expression or medium should be exclusive to a particular country or group of people.

How to apply for a P3 Visa?

The P3 Visa application process begins when an U.S.-based sponsoring organization files your petition.

Along with your Form I-129, you must submit the default set of documents required for nonimmigrant permits. However, your application must also comprehend the following:

  • A copy of the contract between you and your sponsor;
  • An explanation of the event and its itinerary;
  • The written approval of a labor organization;
  • Any proof that your performance is culturally unique. Reviews published in media or affidavits from recognized experts can be adequate evidence.

Once your petition is approved, you will be summoned for an interview. If you applied as a member of a group, each representative of the team must attend it. At this stage of your application, you will be asked about the nature of your event or performance.

What is the P3 Visa processing time?

It may take 2 to 8 weeks to process your P-3 Visa application. Once your petition is approved, you will receive a notification from the USCIS, and you will be ready to schedule your interview.

You and your sponsor can apply for a P3 Visa premium processing time. For an additional fee of $1,225, the USCIS can guarantee a prompt decision on your petition within 15 calendar days. If the USCIS is unable to further your application, your premium processing fee will be refunded.

How to get a P3 Visa extension?

A P-3 Visa is valid for the duration needed to complete the event or performance. However, your stay cannot exceed 1 year.

Before your permit expires, you can apply for a P3 Visa extension of up to 1 year. When filling out a new Form I-129, you must prove that you intend to stay in the country only to continue or complete your activity or performance.

If you want to adjust your status from a P3 Visa to a Green Card, you may apply for a different immigrant permit. After that, you can seek legal permanent residency. However, this option is not available for support personnel.

What is the difference between a P1 and a P3 Visa?

P1 Visa is mainly intended for athletes and sportspersons. Conversely, the P3 Visa is for those who are engaged in cultural performances.

Both visas follow the same application process. However, P3 Visa applicants must demonstrate that their performance is culturally unique.

What services does IAS offer?

At IAS, we understand the importance of sharing and developing our clients’ arts and culture. Thus, we are happy to help foreign entertainers and artists obtain their P3 Visa.

We can assist by:

  • Arranging a first strategy session with one of our qualified attorneys;
  • Reviewing your supporting portfolio;
  • Filling your application forms in;
  • Liaising with your U.S.-based sponsor;
  • If your petition is denied, we will help you and your sponsor seeking an appeal.

Contact us on +1844 290 6312 or make an inquiry online to speak with one of our immigration attorneys.

Remove the stress from the immigration process with our three-step approach

Our experienced immigration lawyers will remove the stress, whilst maximising your chances of a successful outcome.

Latest reviews

Communication was speedy, all staff I interacted with were friendly and professional. The appointment with Danielle Blake was informative and… Read More
IAS was incredibly professional and helpful. They answered all of my questions and I would definitely recommend their services to… Read More

Superb Service all Questions Answered to the point :)