What are the H3 Visa requirements?
To qualify for an H-3 trainee Visa, you must meet the following requirements:
- The training program must not be available in your home country;
- You must not be seeking medical training;
- You need this training to advance your career in any country outside the U.S.;
- You will not pursue a career in the U.S.;
- You cannot be placed in a position which is typically offered to U.S. citizens;
- You must not already possess any valuable training or expertise in your field.
You are allowed to study if this may support your training. However, since you must be engaged in your program on a full-time basis, you cannot join a full-length educational course. If you are a foreign pupil interested in studying as well as receiving training, you can submit a J1 Visa application.
If you are applying for a Special education training program, you cannot be engaged in the custodial care of children.