What are the E-2 Visa requirements?
To proceed with your E2 Visa application, you must prove that your rationale for entering the U.S. is merely related to your business.
To be eligible, you must meet the following E-2 Visa requirements:
- You need to have at least a 50% stake in the business. Otherwise, you must have a managerial or leadership position to prove your “operational control”;
- You must intent to invest “a substantial amount of capital” in a business located in the U.S.;
- Your investment must be made to generate a profit within five years;
- You must commit to “successfully develop and direct the enterprise”;
- Your business must employ U.S. workforce;
- Your company must be actively engaged in trade relations with other U.S. enterprises;
- You already have a business plan detailing the strategy of your new business.
This permit is usually recommended to individual investors with a minim of $100-200,000 to devote to business transactions in the U.S.
If you are interested in investing at least $500,000 in a new commercial enterprise, you can be eligible for the EB5 Investor Visa Program.