Immigration Advice Service
Call 1844 290 6312(local rate)

Open Mon - Sat, 9.00am - 8.00pm


Attorneys based in the
USA and the UK
Licensed USA
Immigration attorneys
We've had over 5000 applications approved
Get the correct advice from qualified immigration experts
4.7 rating 414 reviews

We are a team of experienced immigration lawyers that care about your future.

Call us on +1 844 290 6312 for immediate help & assistance with your situation. We’re here to help you in person, via the phone or online.

Request a call back from our immigration experts

Fill out the form

U.S. Student Visas categories

If you are a foreign pupil and wish to pursue your education in the U.S., you need to apply for a Student Visa. The nature of your permit depends on whether your course of study is academic or vocational.

The U.S. immigration law recognizes two different Student Visas for aliens:

  • F1 Visa for Academic Studies. This is issued to students who are attending a full-time academic program. If you hold this permit, you can seek part-time, on-campus employment. However, you are expected to complete your studies by the expiration date printed on your visa. If you dependents want to join you in the U.S., they can apply for an F2 Visa.
  • M1 Visa for Vocational Studies. This permit is designed to be used by students who wish to attend a non-academic or vocational program. As a general rule, you are not permitted to work while on this visa, but you can travel with your relatives with an M2 Dependent Visa.

It is important to note that U.S. Student Visas are only suitable for aliens who wish to enroll in an academic or vocational course of study.

If you wish to register for a short recreational course not related to an academic degree, a Visitor (B) Visa may be more appropriate. Likewise, if you want to take part in training or research in the U.S. under an approved exchange program, you will require a J-1 Cultural Visa.

Which Student Visa do you need?

F1 Visa for Academic Studies F2 Visa: Dependents of F1 Visa holders M1 Visa for Vocational Studies J1 Visa: Cultural & Educational Exchange for Students J2 Visa: Dependents of J1 Visa holders

Immigration Advice Service 4.7 rating 414 reviews Logo
Advice Package icon

Advice Package

Comprehensive immigration advice tailored to your circumstances and goals.

Application Package icon

Application Package

Designed to make your visa application as smooth and stress-free as possible.

Fast Track Package icon

Fast Track Package

Premium application service that ensures your visa application is submitted to meet your deadline.

Appeal Package icon

Appeal Package

Ensure you have the greatest chance of a successful appeal. We will represent you in any case.

Advice Package image

The Advice Package

With our untimed Advice Session, our professional immigration lawyers will review your case and provide you with comprehensive advice, completely tailored to your needs and your situation.

Fill out the form

Request the Advice Package
Application Package image

The Application Package

With our Application Package, your dedicated caseworker will advise you on your application process and eligibility. Your legal advisor will then complete and submit your forms to the Home Office on your behalf.

Fill out the form

Request the Application Package
Fast Track Package image

The Fast Track Package

Our Fast-Track Application Package is a premium service for those who need to submit their application in time with their deadlines. Your case will become a top priority for our lawyers and you will benefit from our highest-quality services.

Fill out the form

Request the Fast Track Package
Appeal Package image

The Appeal Package

By choosing our Appeal Package, you can rely on our lawyers’ legal knowledge and experience to ensure you have the highest chance of a successful appeal. We will also fully represent you in any hearings/tribunals.

Fill out the form

Request the Appeal Package

Get in touch with our expert immigration attorneys to receive assistance on your visa application. Learn more

Request a call back from our immigration experts

Related pages for your continued reading.

Frequently Asked Questions