What are the requirements for a K-1 Visa?
If you and your fiancé want to apply for a K-1 Visa, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be able to prove that you are a United States citizen. Green card holders are not eligible for this visa;
- You and your partner must be legally free to marry
- You must intend to get married within 90 days and be able to provide full evidence of this;
- You must demonstrate you have physically met (face to face, not by Skype or over the computer) at least once within the last two years;
- The relationship must be proved to be authentic through photos and written statements from other people;
- The sponsoring U.S. citizen must prove that his or her income and assets are not below 100% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines;
- The marriage must take place in the U.S.