Immigration Advice Service
1844 290 6312 (local rate)

Mon - Sun, 8.30 am - 8 pm


Attorneys based in the
USA and the UK
Licensed USA
Immigration attorneys
We've had over 5000 applications approved
Get the correct advice from qualified immigration experts
4.7 rating 414 reviews
US Citizenship

How to become a Citizen of the United States

We are a team of experienced immigration lawyers that care about your future.

Call us on +1 844 290 6312 for immediate help & assistance with your situation. We’re here to help you in person, via the phone or online.

Request a call back from our immigration experts

Fill out the form

How to become a Citizen of the United States

Citizens of the United States receive equal rights, duties, and benefits. This includes the freedom to reside, work, vote, and even stand for public office in the U.S. On the other hand, you will be required to promote your local community and respect the U.S. law.

Based on your circumstances, you may need to meet specific criteria to get your status as a U.S. citizen.

How to get U.S. Citizenship 

U.S. Citizenship through parents or by birth

Diversity Visa Program (Green Card Lottery)

SB1 Returning Resident Visa

spouse visa advice
Immigration Advice Service 4.7 rating 414 reviews Logo
Advice Package icon

Advice Package

Comprehensive immigration advice tailored to your circumstances and goals.

Application Package icon

Application Package

Designed to make your visa application as smooth and stress-free as possible.

Fast Track Package icon

Fast Track Package

Premium application service that ensures your visa application is submitted to meet your deadline.

Appeal Package icon

Appeal Package

Ensure you have the greatest chance of a successful appeal. We will represent you in any case.

Advice Package image

The Advice Package

With our untimed Advice Session, our professional immigration lawyers will review your case and provide you with comprehensive advice, completely tailored to your needs and your situation.

Fill out the form

Request the Advice Package
Application Package image

The Application Package

With our Application Package, your dedicated caseworker will advise you on your application process and eligibility. Your legal advisor will then complete and submit your forms to the Home Office on your behalf.

Fill out the form

Request the Application Package
Fast Track Package image

The Fast Track Package

Our Fast-Track Application Package is a premium service for those who need to submit their application in time with their deadlines. Your case will become a top priority for our lawyers and you will benefit from our highest-quality services.

Fill out the form

Request the Fast Track Package
Appeal Package image

The Appeal Package

By choosing our Appeal Package, you can rely on our lawyers’ legal knowledge and experience to ensure you have the highest chance of a successful appeal. We will also fully represent you in any hearings/tribunals.

Fill out the form

Request the Appeal Package

Get in touch with our expert immigration attorneys to receive assistance on your visa application. Learn more

Request a call back from our immigration experts

Related pages for your continued reading.

Frequently Asked Questions

There are different ways to get citizenship in the United States:

  • Birthright citizenship, or citizenship through parents. This is for applicants born within the territorial limits of the U.S. or abroad to at least one U.S. citizen parent;
  • Citizenship through Naturalization. This is a process by which an eligible alien applies for citizenship and is accepted based on specific requirements;
  • By winning the Diversity Visa Program. The Green Card Lottery is held every fiscal year to randomly select eligible aliens from countries with a low rate of immigration to the U.S.

U.S. law allows multiple citizenships. In other words, you can commit to the Constitution of the United States and retain your previous citizenship.

If you previously held a Green Card but you spent more than two years outside the U.S., you may have lost your status. If you wish to re-enter the country, you will need to apply for an SB-1 Returning Resident Visa.