In order to enter and work in the UK, you will need a UK Work Permit or visa. How difficult the application process for a UK Working Visa will depend on your personal circumstances.

To apply for a Work Permit UK, you will need to hold a formal job offer from a company with a valid Sponsorship License. There is also an opportunity to enter the country on so-called ‘shortage occupations’. This can make your application easier and cost less in Home Office fees. There are several categories of Work Permits in the UK on offer for non-EEA citizens. The type of UK Work Visa you require will depend on your career, the amount of time you expect to spend in the UK and demand for your chosen position.

How can IAS help?

If you are unsure of what type of UK Work Visa you will need, IAS can help. Our dedicated lawyers will work with you to identify the best route for you and guide you through the application process personally. Our services also include a Letter of Representation. This detailed legal document includes information on your case and relevant UK immigration laws to support it. They will also engage with your UK sponsor and ensure you receive your Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS). Get in touch with our team on +1844 290 6312 or inquire online to begin your consultation on your Working Visa UK application.


What is a Tier 2 Work Visa?

A Working Visa is usually needed for workers who are coming to the UK. To make your application, you will need an offer from a registered sponsor of UK Work Visa applications.

Alternatively, if you have a skill that has been recognized as being in shortage, you may be able to enter the UK without a job offer. This will be on the assumption that a job in your field will be readily available.

Can I get a UK Work Permit?

Your eligibility will be assessed according to your:

  • Education
  • Background
  • Qualifications
  • Employment history, among other things.

The system of Working Visas in the UK involves a number of different visa types. Selecting the correct category for your application is very important in order to receive a positive result.

Consulting your employer, as well as an immigration specialist is highly recommended. This will ensure you are in the best position before starting your application.

What type of Working Visa UK will I need?

The type of UK Work Permit you will need depends on your personal circumstances and employment prospects.

Tier 1 Visas cover those who are exceptionally talented, entrepreneurs or investors.

Tier 2 Visas are for skilled workers and cover workers employed by a company in the UK, as well as those transferring to a UK branch of a multinational company.

For religious workers or sportspeople, the Tier 2 Visa is also the most likely route.

Sportspeople, ministers, and entertainers can also enter temporarily on the Tier 5 Temporary Work Visa.

You will be required to fit criteria based on whichever visa you apply for to prove your eligibility. UK Working Visas are assessed on a points-based system. You will need to score all the points for your relevant application to ensure your application is considered.

Can I go from a Tier 2 Work Permit to Indefinite Leave to Remain?

For most Tier 2 UK Work Visas, you will be able to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) once you meet the residency requirement.

The Tier 2 Working Visa UK can be applied to for an initial five years and can be renewed for up to five years as long as your total stay is only six years. Once you have been in the UK for five years, continuously, you can apply for ILR.

This will need to be five consecutive years with fewer days spent outside the UK than the Home Office allows for ILR applications.

Find out more about the Tier 2 to ILR route.

What services does IAS offer?

Organizing the correct documents for a Working Visa UK can be very difficult and will contribute heavily to your result. These types of visa are very competitive, with strict expectations imposed by the UK government.

The lawyers at the Immigration Advice Service have a wealth of experience in assisting all types of work visa applications. We can review your evidence and ensure that your application is completed to a high standard. Your lawyer will guide you through the application and advise you at every stage to ensure you have the greatest chance of a successful result.

Our services include:

  • Performing a document check to ensure your evidence is sufficient for your Work Permit UK application;
  • Completing all application forms and collating your evidence for submission;
  • Maintaining contact with the Entry Clearance Office;
  • Liaising with your UK sponsor and obtaining your Certificate of Sponsorship if necessary;
  • Writing a Letter of Representation. This is a document which details your application and its merits to the Entry Clearance Officer.

Get in touch today on +1844 290 6312 or make an inquiry online to discuss your UK Working Visa/Work Permit options with our specialist immigration lawyers.

Our Work Visa Packages

Advice Package

Comprehensive immigration advice tailored to you, with written confirmation


Application Package

Full assistance throughout your entire application process


Fast Track Package

A premium service which allows your application to take priority position in your lawyer's workload


Appeal Package

Full representation through your appeal, including physical representation if your case is heard by a tribunal


A few of

our experienced

immigration lawyers

Case studies

We are very proud that we have changed so many of our client’s lives for the better. Here are a few of their stories:

Mike: Visiting the UK with a Criminal Record

Mike, a South African National received the news that his brother had recently had a newborn baby boy.
Mike was eager to meet his new nephew, however his brother lived… Read More

Fred and Robin: Relocating to the UK

Fred and Robin wanted to relocate from the USA to the UK. They were unsure of their options so they contacted IAS to seek guidance. Fred is a UK National… Read More

Romy: British Citizenship

Romy was a French National who had been living in the UK for 14 years.
Due to Brexit, she wanted to secure her life in the UK by acquiring British Citizenship… Read More

Working in the UK after Brexit

Gosia, an EEA national, wanted to tour the UK while seeking work, however, she was unsure if she was permitted to do so.
Gosia contacted IAS and arranged a… Read More

Marta: EEA PR

Marta is a Polish national who arrived in the UK to study four years ago and came close to fulfilling the requirements for Permanent Residency. However, she was unaware of… Read More

Visiting the UK as the spouse of European

Matthias was a German National who was married to Glady, a Nigerian National.
Matthias was sure that he would be able to visit the UK without a problem. However, due… Read More

Latest reviews

I am very please to say I have seen by SAIMAH RAZZAQ For some very important legal advice, I am… Read More
Mohammed H
Dedicated and knowledgeable legal advisers and lawyers, making sure the clients are acquiring the highest level of understanding on their… Read More
So far so good. I was contacted promptly as promised and given sound, clear advice that has given me confidence… Read More

Latest news

PERM Labor Certification: Requirements and Eligibility Read More