Immigration Advice Service
001 844 290 6312 (local rate)

Mon - Sun, 8.30 am - 8 pm

Find an office

7 offices in US


Attorneys based in the
USA and the UK
Licensed USA
Immigration attorneys
We've had over 5000 applications approved
Get the correct advice from qualified immigration experts
4.7 rating 414 reviews

New York City Immigration Attorneys

Are you looking for an immigration attorney in New York City? Our immigration lawyers are here to provide expert legal assistance in all areas of American immigration law.

Call us on +1 917 724 2073 for immediate assistance with your situation. We’re here to help you in person, via the phone or online.

Request a call back from our immigration experts

Contact our Immigration Lawyers in New York City

New York City is one of the major hubs in the U.S. for people from all over the world. Students, overseas workers and international entrepreneurs move to the ‘city that never sleeps’ to experience one of the most vibrant and colourful cities in the world.

If you are looking to move to New York City, or if you wish to extend your current immigration permission, we are here for you. Our highly experienced immigration attorneys are here to provide expert assistance in all areas of immigration law.

Whether you are looking to visit The Big Apple as a tourist or to apply for settlement, we are here for you.

4.7 rating 414 reviews Logo

Immigration Advice Service

1740 Broadway
New York City
NY 10019


I Want to Apply for a Visa. Do I Need to Hire an Immigration Attorney in New York City?

It is not a legal requirement to hire an immigration attorney if you want to apply for a visa. However, we highly recommend doing so.

An experienced immigration legal professional will understand what it takes to formulate a successful application, and their guidance can be invaluable.

It is only through hiring an immigration lawyer that you can be sure that your U.S. immigration application or visa renewal will have the best possible chance of being successful. In the long-run, you can save yourself a lot of time and money through hiring an immigration attorney, as they will help you to get your application right the first time.

If you would like to speak with one of our immigration lawyers, please do not hesitate to contact us on +1 844 290 6312.

I Want to Study in New York City. Which Visa do I Need?

If you are an international student and you wish to study in the United States, you will need to apply for the F1 Student Visa.

You could be eligible for this visa if you have been accepted on to a full-time course offered by an educational institution accredited by the USCIS. You will need to provide evidence demonstrating that you have the money to cover at least the first year of study.

You will also need to be able to demonstrate that you have non-immigrant intent. This means you must prove that you have strong ties to your home country, which show that you will leave America after you have completed your studies.

You will also need to prove that you have an adequate level of English language ability if you are from a non-English speaking country.

To find out more about the full requirements for a U.S student visa, please do not hesitate to get in touch on +1 844 290 6312.

Our attorneys in New York City are ready to assist you in person or via the phone. Contact Us

Fill out the form

What are the Different Family Green Cards?

Family based green cards give foreign family members of American citizens/permanent residents the  chance to emigrate to the United States on the basis of their relationship to their U.S-resident family member.

There are two family green card routes: Immediate relative and preference relative. Immediate relatives enjoy more favourable immigration conditions in comparison to preference relatives.

Immediate relatives can be:

  • Spouse of U.S citizen (IR-1 visa)
  • Unmarried child of a U.S citizen who is under the age of 21 (IR-2 visa)
  • An orphan adopted abroad by a U.S citizen (IR-3 visa)
  • An orphan to be adopted in the United States by a U.S citizen (IR-4 visa)
  • Parents of U.S citizens if the U.S citizen child is at least 21 years old (IR-5 visa)

Preference relatives can be:

  • Family first preference: For unmarried children of any age of the U.S citizen
  • Family second preference: Subcategory 2A is for spouses and unmarried children (who are under 21) of green card holders. Subcategory 2B is for unmarried children of green card holders who are 21 or over
  • Family third preference: For married children of a U.S citizen. The F3 visa is the one to apply for in these circumstances
  • Family fourth preference: This is for siblings of U.S citizens where the American citizen is at least 21-years-old. The F4 visa is the one to apply for here

There is no annual quota placed on the number of people who can apply for an immediate relative green card in any given year. However, there is a quota placed on applications for preference relative green cards.

What are the Requirements for US Citizenship?

There are different routes towards American citizenship, with naturalization being the most common one. If you have been lawfully living in the U.S for a certain period of time, you could be eligible for American citizenship by naturalization.

The main requirements for American citizenship by naturalization are as follows:

  • Must be at least 18-years-old
  • Must have lived in the US as a green card holder for a certain number of years
  • Must be able to prove that you are of “good moral character”
  • Must have established your residency in the same state or district where you intend to apply for citizenship
  • Must be able to demonstrate adequate knowledge of U.S history and English language ability (if applicable)
  • If you are male, you must register your willingness to perform civil services if required
  • You must swear obedience to the constitution of the United States

Our immigration lawyers can help you to apply for American citizenship. We have many years of experience in immigration law and we understand what it takes to formulate a successful application.

Call us now on +1 844 290 6312 to speak with one of our friendly team.

I Want to Visit New York as a Tourist. Do I Need to Hire an Immigration Attorney in New York City?

If you want to visit New York as a tourist, you can apply for a B2 Tourist Visa. This visa permits you to travel throughout the United States as a tourist and to visit family and friends for up to six months.

It is not a legal requirement to hire an immigration lawyer if you want to apply for a B2 Tourist Visa. However, it is prudent to do so.

An immigration attorney can take the stress away from the visa application process, as they will work with you to formulate your application to the highest standard. Their expertise could be the difference between a successful and unsuccessful application.

If you need help with an immigration application, extension or appeal contact our experts today. Contact Us

Fill out the form

Advice Package icon

Advice Package

Comprehensive immigration advice tailored to your circumstances and goals.

Application Package icon

Application Package

Designed to make your visa application as smooth and stress-free as possible.

Fast Track Package icon

Fast Track Package

Premium application service that ensures your visa application is submitted to meet your deadline.

Appeal Package icon

Appeal Package

Ensure you have the greatest chance of a successful appeal. We will represent you in any case.

Advice Package image

The Advice Package

With our untimed Advice Session, our professional immigration lawyers will review your case and provide you with comprehensive advice, completely tailored to your needs and your situation.

Fill out the form

Request the Advice Package
Application Package image

The Application Package

With our Application Package, your dedicated caseworker will advise you on your application process and eligibility. Your legal advisor will then complete and submit your forms to the Home Office on your behalf.

Fill out the form

Request the Application Package
Fast Track Package image

The Fast Track Package

Our Fast-Track Application Package is a premium service for those who need to submit their application in time with their deadlines. Your case will become a top priority for our lawyers and you will benefit from our highest-quality services.

Fill out the form

Request the Fast Track Package
Appeal Package image

The Appeal Package

By choosing our Appeal Package, you can rely on our lawyers’ legal knowledge and experience to ensure you have the highest chance of a successful appeal. We will also fully represent you in any hearings/tribunals.

Fill out the form

Request the Appeal Package

Frequently Asked Questions

In simple terms yes, you can apply for a visa within the family green card category if you are the spouse of a U.S. permanent resident.

The visa you need to apply for is the F2A visa. This is one of the preference relative green cards. This means that there is an annual quota imposed on the number of people who can receive one in any given year.

To find out more about the F2A visa, including the full requirements, please call us now on +1 844 290 6312.

Yes, we offer support in all areas of U.S. immigration law which, of course, includes work visa applications.

U.S. work visa applications are a particularly complex are of immigration law and this is why we highly recommend hiring the services of an experienced immigration lawyers to help you with the application process.

Yes, if you cannot meet us in person, you can speak with us remotely. We offer remote appointments over the phone or online over Skype.

Call us now on +1 844 290 6312 to find out more about the remote options available to you.