USA and the UK
Contact our Immigration Lawyers in Brooklyn Heights
Our Brooklyn Heights immigration lawyers are here for you whatever your immigration query might be. We have many years of experience in the field of immigration law and have developed an outstanding reputation for our professionalism and expertise.
We offer our services in all areas of U.S. immigration law including: short-stay visas, work visas, green cards and U.S. citizenship.
Immigration applications can be stressful and extremely time-consuming. Through hiring our services, you can rest assured that your application will be taken care of by fully qualified and skilled immigration legal professionals who understand what it takes to achieve a successful immigration application. Trust us to secure the decision you are looking for.
Immigration Advice Service300 Cadman Plaza West Brooklyn Heights NY 11201
I Want to Apply for U.S. Work Visa. Do I Need to Hire an Immigration Attorney in Brooklyn Heights?
If you want to apply for a U.S. work visa, we highly recommend hiring experienced immigration attorneys to help you with your visa application.
Whilst it’s not a legal requirement to hire an immigration lawyer, it is definitely something which you should consider. American work visas are a particularly complex area of immigration law, which makes having the help of an immigration legal professional particularly valuable.
We can help you through the entire application process for a U.S work visa.
- We will assess your circumstances to ensure that you meet the requirements for your chosen work visa
- We will help you to gather all your required documentation to prove your eligibility, ensuring that it meets all necessary administrative standards
- We will complete all necessary application forms
- We will submit your full application to U.S. immigration
Whichever work visa you wish to apply for, our immigration lawyers in Brooklyn Heights are here for you. Call us now on +1 844 290 6312 to find out more about the services we offer.
What is the Difference Between a K1 Visa and a K3 Visa?
Both the K1 Visa and K3 Visa are designed for the partners of U.S citizens. The key difference between them is that the K1 Visa is for someone who is the fiancé of a U.S. citizen, whereas the K3 Visa is for the spouse if a U.S. citizen.
The K1 Visa is given under the assumption that the holder will get married to their U.S citizen partner within six months. You are free to travel with your partner throughout the United States under the K1 Visa, and you can marry anywhere in the States.
The K3 Visa, sometimes known as the Spouse Visa, enables holders to live in the United States for up to two years. During this time, the K3 Visa holder can apply for a permanent residence card to offer them more security.
Also, K1 Visa holders will be able to apply for permanent residence once they have married/entered into a civil partnership with their U.S. citizen partner.
Ultimately, both visas can lead to a person acquiring a family based green card and becoming a permanent residence in the United States.
What are the Requirements for U.S. Citizenship?
You will be able to apply for American citizenship by naturalization after you have spent a certain period of time lawfully living in the United States.
The minimum residency requirement differs depending on which immigration permission you have been living under in the U.S..
For instance, spouses of U.S. citizens can usually apply for American citizenship after they have resided continuously in America for three years. In other cases, an individual may be required to have lived in the United States continuously for five years.
The main requirements for U.S. citizenship are as follows:
- Must be at least 18-years-old
- Must have lived in the U.S as a green card holder for a certain number of years
- Must have established residency in the same state or district where you intend to apply
- Must be able to prove that you are of “good moral character”
- Must demonstrate adequate knowledge of U.S. history and customs and English language (if applicable)
- If you are male, you must register your willingness to perform civil services if required
- You must swear obedience to the constitution of the United States
What are the Different Family Based Green Cards?
If you have a relative who is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, you might be able to get a green card on the basis of your relationship to them. There are immediate relative and preference relative visas within the family based green card category.
The immediate relative visas are as follows:
- IR-1: For spouses of U.S. citizens
- IR-2: For unmarried children of a U.S. citizen who is under the age of 21
- IR-3: For an orphan adopted abroad by a U.S. citizen
- IR-4: For an orphan adopted in the United States by a U.S. citizen
- IR-5: For parents of U.S. citizens if the U.S. citizen child is at least 21-years-old
The preference relative visas are:
- Family first preference: For unmarried children of any age of the U.S. citizen
- F2A: For spouses and unmarried children (under 21) of green card holders
- F2B: For unmarried children of green card holders who are at least 21
- F3: For married children of U.S. citizens
- F4: For siblings of U.S. citizens where the citizen is at least 21-years-old
If you want to find out more about the application process and full requirements for family based green cards, please do not hesitate to call us now on +1 844 290 6312.
Comprehensive immigration advice tailored to your circumstances and goals.
Designed to make your visa application as smooth and stress-free as possible.
Fast Track Package
Premium application service that ensures your visa application is submitted to meet your deadline.
Ensure you have the greatest chance of a successful appeal. We will represent you in any case.
The Advice Package
With our untimed Advice Session, our professional immigration lawyers will review your case and provide you with comprehensive advice, completely tailored to your needs and your situation.
The Application Package
With our Application Package, your dedicated caseworker will advise you on your application process and eligibility. Your legal advisor will then complete and submit your forms to the Home Office on your behalf.
The Fast Track Package
Our Fast-Track Application Package is a premium service for those who need to submit their application in time with their deadlines. Your case will become a top priority for our lawyers and you will benefit from our highest-quality services.
The Appeal Package
By choosing our Appeal Package, you can rely on our lawyers’ legal knowledge and experience to ensure you have the highest chance of a successful appeal. We will also fully represent you in any hearings/tribunals.
You will need to apply for a visa if you wish to enter the United States as a tourist, even if it is only for a short period of time.
If you want to visit the United States for no longer than six months, the B2 visa is the ideal visa to apply for. This visa is valid for up to six months and enables you to travel throughout the United States as a tourist and to visit family and friends.
However, if you wish to visit the United States for business purposes, you ought to apply for the B1 visa. You can stay for up to six months under the B1 visa and you can partake in negotiations, litigations, consultations and participate in conferences and seminars.
If you want to invest a substantial amount of money in the United States, you could be eligible for the EB-5 Investor Program.
To be eligible, you must have access to at least $500,000 to invest in America in a new commercial enterprise.
You will be a green card holder if your application on the EB-5 Investor Program is accepted. The following visas are in the EB-5 category:
- C-5 visa: This is for investments outside the target areas
- T-5 visa: This is for investors interested in areas with high unemployment rate
- R-5 visa: This is for participants of an Investor Pilot Program but not engaged in target areas
- I-5 visa: This is for business investors who work in specific regions under an Investor Pilot Program
To find out more about how you can emigrate to the United States as an investor, please call us now on +1 844 290 6312.
Yes, if you cannot meet us in-person, we can arrange to speak with you either over the phone or online over Skype.
We offer consultations where you can discuss your case with us in an untimed session, offering you the opportunity to set out the full details of your case with us.
One of our immigration attorneys will consider your case and advise you on the steps you can take to reach your desired outcome.
We can also offer expert assistance with the entire application process for any U.S. visa or immigration permission. With many years of experience in the field, we understand what it takes to formulate a successful application.
To arrange an appointment, please call us now on +1 844 290 6312.