USA and the UK
What does this plan intend to do?
This plan is designed to help promote the application for U.S. citizenship across many government agencies such as the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and the U.S. Postal Service. This promotional push for citizenship follows an earlier executive order from Biden in February 2021 which called for a review of the immigration process in addition to ‘develop welcoming strategies that promote integration, inclusion and citizenship.
How will this plan promote applications for U.S. Citizenship?
Under this new plan released by the USCIS, initiatives will be put in place to help publicize and raise awareness regarding becoming naturalized. Among these initiatives include:
- The relocation of some upcoming naturalization ceremonies to national parks
- the handing out of informative pamphlets on how to apply for U.S. Citizenship by U.S. border authorities at ports of entry to eligible permanent residents
- The U.S. Postal Services displaying informative posters on how to apply for citizenship
- The Department of Veteran Affairs collaborating with veteran organizations to help spread the word about becoming U.S. Citizens to its non-citizen members
- A proposal to the U.S. Postal Service to create stamps that spotlight and celebrate the contributions of naturalized citizens
- The language of the citizenship test preparation materials will be expanded to accommodate a number of different languages
- Encouraging immigration judges housed with the Department of Justice to inform eligible individuals on how to apply for naturalization
Who are they promoting to?
It is estimated that there are around 9 million lawful permanent residents (aka Green card holders) present in the U.S. who may be eligible to apply for citizenship. This campaign not only targets those individuals already present in the U.S. but also aims to ‘reach out to people earlier in their immigration journeys’ who might one day become eligible for naturalization.
How can IAS help?
The US immigration system is notoriously complex, but our immigration attorneys are here to help you with any immigration issue that you may be facing. Our lawyers are highly trained in all areas of US immigration law. If you are seeking to obtain your U.S. Citizenship, our lawyers can offer you professional legal advice about your immigration options and can guide you on how best to prepare for the journey ahead.
Our services are tailor-made to your unique circumstance and individual needs. We strive to help you to the best of our abilities and to the highest standard of assistance. The services we offer include:
- Advice sessions
- Application assistance
- Document and application checks
- Fast-track application services
- Appeal assistance
For more information about how our US immigration attorneys can help you, don’t hesitate to get in touch today by calling +1 844 290 6312.
Comprehensive immigration advice tailored to your circumstances and goals.
Designed to make your visa application as smooth and stress-free as possible.
Fast Track Package
Premium application service that ensures your visa application is submitted to meet your deadline.
Ensure you have the greatest chance of a successful appeal. We will represent you in any case.
The Advice Package
With our untimed Advice Session, our professional immigration lawyers will review your case and provide you with comprehensive advice, completely tailored to your needs and your situation.
The Application Package
With our Application Package, your dedicated caseworker will advise you on your application process and eligibility. Your legal advisor will then complete and submit your forms to the Home Office on your behalf.
The Fast Track Package
Our Fast-Track Application Package is a premium service for those who need to submit their application in time with their deadlines. Your case will become a top priority for our lawyers and you will benefit from our highest-quality services.
The Appeal Package
By choosing our Appeal Package, you can rely on our lawyers’ legal knowledge and experience to ensure you have the highest chance of a successful appeal. We will also fully represent you in any hearings/tribunals.