USA and the UK
If you are a recognized sportsperson or qualified coach in the US, you may be able to work and live in the UK in a sporting role with a Tier 2 Sports Visa. This visa type falls under the Tier 2 Skilled Worker Visa category.
You can apply for a UK Sports Visa if you are an elite sportsperson or have plans that will benefit sports in the UK. This visa permits you to stay in the UK for up to three years. Our expert immigration lawyers can check whether you are eligible and meet the criteria of a UK Sportsperson Visa. They will do this by thoroughly checking your circumstances and documents. Your lawyer will also ensure that your visa application is prepared in the best possible way, for success.
Get in touch
Contact us on +1844 290 6312 today or use our online contact form to be put in touch with one of the UK’s leading immigration lawyers.
Comprehensive immigration advice tailored to your circumstances and goals.
Designed to make your visa application as smooth and stress-free as possible.
Fast Track Package
Premium application service that ensures your visa application is submitted to meet your deadline.
Ensure you have the greatest chance of a successful appeal. We will represent you in any case.
The Advice Package
With our untimed Advice Session, our professional immigration lawyers will review your case and provide you with comprehensive advice, completely tailored to your needs and your situation.
The Application Package
With our Application Package, your dedicated caseworker will advise you on your application process and eligibility. Your legal advisor will then complete and submit your forms to the Home Office on your behalf.
The Fast Track Package
Our Fast-Track Application Package is a premium service for those who need to submit their application in time with their deadlines. Your case will become a top priority for our lawyers and you will benefit from our highest-quality services.
The Appeal Package
By choosing our Appeal Package, you can rely on our lawyers’ legal knowledge and experience to ensure you have the highest chance of a successful appeal. We will also fully represent you in any hearings/tribunals.
To be eligible for a UK Sportsperson Visa, you must prove that you are recognized as an elite talent in your profession. You must do this by demonstrating that:
- You are a leading sportsperson at the top level of your profession
- You have qualifications (such as a qualified coach) to prove your status/commitment to your chosen sport
- Your employment in the UK will benefit the sport in the UK/at an international level
- Your chosen sport’s governing body will support your visa application
You can extend a Sportsperson Visa in the UK. But, you must ensure that you renew your application months in advance before your current visa’s expiry date. Extending this visa will only allow you to stay in the UK for three more years and no m
Yes, on this visa type you are permitted to bring your ‘dependent family members’. These are:
- Your husband, wife or partner
- Your child under 18
You are also able to travel abroad from the UK and then return while on a Tier 2 Sports Visa.
Yes, you can work a second job on this visa as long as it is:
- The same profession as your main job
- Or a job outlined as a shortage in the UK – on the Shortage Occupation List
You can also work unpaid in a voluntary position. But, your other employment and work experiences must not impact your sports role in the UK. You also cannot begin another job until you have begun your main employment with your registered sponsor.
Our team of qualified immigration lawyers can help you in every step of the way towards your Tier 2 Sportsperson Visa. They can:
- Approve and check your documents before you start your application;
- Provide you with a reputable Letter of Representation to support your application;
- Liaise with the UK’s government office throughout the application process;
- Arrange meetings/documents from your UK Sponsor or governing sports body;
- Conduct a check on your prospective employer by obtaining your Certificate of Sponsorship;
- Complete your forms to the highest standard.
Contact one of our immigration lawyers today for custom-made advice on your application and visa status.