Immigration Advice Service
1844 290 6312 (local rate)

Mon - Sun, 8.30 am - 8 pm


Attorneys based in the
USA and the UK
Licensed USA
Immigration attorneys
We've had over 5000 applications approved
Get the correct advice from qualified immigration experts
4.7 rating 414 reviews
Tier 4 Extension & Post-Study Work Options UK

Tier 4 Visa Extension and Post Study Work Options

Call us on +1 844 290 6312 for immediate help & assistance with your situation. We’re here to help you in person, via the phone or online.

Request a call back from our immigration experts

Fill out the form

If you are a non-UK national who is currently studying in the UK on a Tier 4 Student Visa and you are interested in extending your stay once your course is over, you have several visa options to choose from.

You may have the option of continuing to study in the UK, at Masters or Post-doctorate level. For this, you will need to apply for a Tier 4 Extension. If you would like to stay in the country as a skilled worker, there is also the option of applying for a UK Tier 2 Visa or Tier 5 Temporary Work Visa. This visa option requires you to have a formal job offer from a company with a valid Sponsor License before applying.

If you are interested in starting your own business after you graduate, you might consider applying for a Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur Visa. This is a very competitive visa type with strict requirements. However, if you have a credible business plan and sufficient funds to support it this may be the best route for you. If you are a leading talent in your particular field, the Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa may offer the chance of remaining in the country to continue your field-leading work.

How can IAS help?

IAS can help you decide on your best options to stay and advise you on all post-study work visa UK options. Following our initial assessment, your lawyer will perform a full document check and complete your application forms to a professional standard. They will guide you through your new visa or Tier 4 Extension application.

Your lawyer will also prepare a Letter of Representation to accompany your application. This document provides details of your case and its merits, as well as references to relevant UK immigration law. We can help you whether you are applying for a Tier 4 extension or Post-study Work Visa in the UK. Contact the expert lawyers at IAS on +1844 290 6312 or use our online contact form for more information.

post study work visa
Immigration Advice Service 4.7 rating 414 reviews Logo
Advice Package icon

Advice Package

Comprehensive immigration advice tailored to your circumstances and goals.

Application Package icon

Application Package

Designed to make your visa application as smooth and stress-free as possible.

Fast Track Package icon

Fast Track Package

Premium application service that ensures your visa application is submitted to meet your deadline.

Appeal Package icon

Appeal Package

Ensure you have the greatest chance of a successful appeal. We will represent you in any case.

Advice Package image

The Advice Package

With our untimed Advice Session, our professional immigration lawyers will review your case and provide you with comprehensive advice, completely tailored to your needs and your situation.

Fill out the form

Request the Advice Package
Application Package image

The Application Package

With our Application Package, your dedicated caseworker will advise you on your application process and eligibility. Your legal advisor will then complete and submit your forms to the Home Office on your behalf.

Fill out the form

Request the Application Package
Fast Track Package image

The Fast Track Package

Our Fast-Track Application Package is a premium service for those who need to submit their application in time with their deadlines. Your case will become a top priority for our lawyers and you will benefit from our highest-quality services.

Fill out the form

Request the Fast Track Package
Appeal Package image

The Appeal Package

By choosing our Appeal Package, you can rely on our lawyers’ legal knowledge and experience to ensure you have the highest chance of a successful appeal. We will also fully represent you in any hearings/tribunals.

Fill out the form

Request the Appeal Package

Get in touch with our expert immigration attorneys to receive assistance on your visa application. Learn more

Request a call back from our immigration experts

Related pages for your continued reading.

Frequently Asked Questions

The Tier 4 Visa can be extended under a number of circumstances. If you are in the UK on an adult or child Student Visa, you will be able to apply for a Tier 4 extension to study another higher education qualification.

The qualification must be at the same educational level or higher to be eligible. You may also be able to apply for a visa extension if you need to extend your stay to resit a module in order to complete your current course. In this situation, your leave would be extended for long enough to complete your module. You must also hold an unconditional offer of study to apply for a Tier 4 Visa Extension.

It is possible to receive a Post-study Work Visa in the UK once your Tier 4 Visa is set to expire. As a skilled worker, you will be able to remain for a further five years at a UK business or company.

There are currently more than 20,000 UK businesses with a valid Sponsorship License which allows them to hire foreign workers. When transferring onto this type of Post-Study Work Visa UK, you must hold an undergraduate degree and a credible job offer from one of these businesses.

The job offer must also have a salary of at least £30,000 to apply for the Tier 2 Work Visa.

A foreign national studying in the UK as part of their Ph.D. is able to remain in the country if they wish. The Doctorate Extension Scheme allows Ph.D. students to pursue different paths for a period of time.

These paths may include entrepreneurial opportunities or real-world experiences, but they must be employed or under the guidance of a registered Tier 2 sponsor. A higher education institution is also able to sponsor this type of visa for up to 12 months.

A person on the Doctorate Extension Scheme may then be able to apply for a transfer to a Tier 2 or Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa before the expiration of their current leave.

The Graduate Entrepreneur Visa is a Tier 1 route available to recent graduates of a UK university. This visa type does not require a sponsorship for work, but it does have very strict requirements. These include a high level of investment money for the business and endorsement from a recognized institution or governing body.

This visa is granted for a period of 10 months before you must apply to switch to a Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa.

If you are in the UK on a Tier 4 Visa and you have relatives who are resident in the country, a Family Visa may allow you to extend your leave. Your application may be sponsored by a partner or family member. The applicant must be able to prove that their relationship is genuine and that they will be a member of their household. This type of visa lasts for an initial 30 months.

More on Family Visas.

Whether you are considering applying for a Tier 4 extension, a Post-Study Work Visa in the UK or are unsure of your opportunities, the lawyers at IAS are ready to solve your immigration issues.

Our services include:

  • Assessing your eligibility and advising you on your best post-study options
  • Completing a document check to ensure you have the sufficient evidence
  • Writing a Letter of Representation to accompany your application
  • Liaising with the Home Office during your application
  • Completing all relevant application forms to a professional standard

Contact IAS on +1844 290 6312 or make an inquiry online to speak with an experienced immigration lawyer about your Tier 4 Extension or Post-study Work Visa UK application.