You can enter the UK with an Unmarried Partner Visa if you have been in a genuine, committed relationship with a British citizen for at least two years. This visa is also known as a De Facto Visa UK. You can apply for this type of visa if you are in a heterosexual or homosexual relationship.
If you are applying from the US, this visa will last for 33 months. This visa can be extended and used as a qualifier for ILR, provided you remain in the relationship. This type of visa often requires very detailed evidence to prove the legitimacy of your relationship and can be quite difficult to get.
How can IAS help you with your Partner Visa?
Our expert immigration advisers can help you attain your Unmarried Partner Visa UK, Same-Sex Partner Visa or De Facto Visa. Your lawyer will work with you to gather and organize sufficient evidence that your relationship is genuine. They will collate this evidence into an evidence portfolio. They will then prepare a detailed Letter of Representation to support your application. With our lawyers’ help, your completed application will have the highest chance of success. Get in touch now on +1844 290 6312 or make an inquiry online to speak with one of our lawyers about your Unmarried Partner Visa application.
Comprehensive immigration advice tailored to your circumstances and goals.
Designed to make your visa application as smooth and stress-free as possible.
Fast Track Package
Premium application service that ensures your visa application is submitted to meet your deadline.
Ensure you have the greatest chance of a successful appeal. We will represent you in any case.
The Advice Package
With our untimed Advice Session, our professional immigration lawyers will review your case and provide you with comprehensive advice, completely tailored to your needs and your situation.
The Application Package
With our Application Package, your dedicated caseworker will advise you on your application process and eligibility. Your legal advisor will then complete and submit your forms to the Home Office on your behalf.
The Fast Track Package
Our Fast-Track Application Package is a premium service for those who need to submit their application in time with their deadlines. Your case will become a top priority for our lawyers and you will benefit from our highest-quality services.
The Appeal Package
By choosing our Appeal Package, you can rely on our lawyers’ legal knowledge and experience to ensure you have the highest chance of a successful appeal. We will also fully represent you in any hearings/tribunals.
To be eligible for this type of visa, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Both you and your partner are at least 18 years old
- Your partner is a British citizen
- You are in a genuine and subsisting relationship with your partner (often referred to as a relationship ‘akin to marriage’)
- You intend to live with your partner permanently when in the UK
- You have lived with your partner for at least two continuous years
- You have physically met your partner
- You meet the financial requirements
- You have suitable accommodation arranged for when you move to the UK
An Unmarried Partner Visa lasts for up to 33 months in total. You can extend it for an additional 30 months.
If you spend five years or more in the UK with a De Facto Visa, you are eligible to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) in the UK.
To apply for this, you need to still be living with your partner and in a relationship with them. You also need to meet the financial and accommodation requirements as before.
You can bring children under the age of 18 with you while on an Unmarried Partner Visa. To do this, you will need to make an extra application for dependents at the same. There will be an extra Home Office charge for this.
As part of our service, you will be assigned an immigration lawyer. They will work with you throughout your Unmarried Partner Visa UK application.
Your lawyer will:
- Gather and organize your supporting evidence to prove that your relationship is genuine
- Collate all documents to demonstrate you meet the financial and accommodation requirements
- Produce a detailed Letter of Representation to support your application
- Complete your application form to the highest standard
- Organize your supporting evidence and documents into an application portfolio. This makes your application navigable for the Home Office
- Liaise with the Home Office throughout your application
Contact us now to speak with an adviser who can put you in the best possible position for a successful Unmarried Partner Visa application.