USA and the UK
IAS can help with any Entry Clearance queries you have. You will need to apply for a UK visa if you are entering the country as a businessperson, worker, student or family member and your stay is longer than six months. You will also have to receive this before booking your flight.
Our immigration attorneys are highly experienced in helping US citizens apply for UK visas of all types. With our services, you will receive high-quality, detailed advice on gaining immigration clearance. You will be assigned your own personal caseworker who will work with you throughout your application every step of the way.
How can IAS help?
We can discuss your circumstances with you over the phone or via Skype. We will undertake an extensive document check to help you apply for the UK Visa that is right for you. Our services also include completing your application in full to the highest standard.
Your lawyer will also create a personalized Letter of Representation to submit with your application. This letter lets the Entry Clearance Officer know the details of your application. It also referenced specific UK immigration law in support of your case.
If you would like advice on how to apply for a UK visa, get in touch on +1844 290 6312 to speak with one of our lawyers now. Or, make an inquiry using our online form.
Comprehensive immigration advice tailored to your circumstances and goals.
Designed to make your visa application as smooth and stress-free as possible.
Fast Track Package
Premium application service that ensures your visa application is submitted to meet your deadline.
Ensure you have the greatest chance of a successful appeal. We will represent you in any case.
The Advice Package
With our untimed Advice Session, our professional immigration lawyers will review your case and provide you with comprehensive advice, completely tailored to your needs and your situation.
The Application Package
With our Application Package, your dedicated caseworker will advise you on your application process and eligibility. Your legal advisor will then complete and submit your forms to the Home Office on your behalf.
The Fast Track Package
Our Fast-Track Application Package is a premium service for those who need to submit their application in time with their deadlines. Your case will become a top priority for our lawyers and you will benefit from our highest-quality services.
The Appeal Package
By choosing our Appeal Package, you can rely on our lawyers’ legal knowledge and experience to ensure you have the highest chance of a successful appeal. We will also fully represent you in any hearings/tribunals.
The five different types of Entry Clearance Visa:
- Standard Visitor Visa: This visa type is not relevant to US citizens as they have the right to enter the UK for up to six months for tourism, business, etc. You will need to apply for a Marriage Visitor Visa, however.
- Tier 2 Visa UK: This visa is for those who are entering the country to work in a skilled, full-time position sponsored by a licensed Tier 2 employer.
- UK Visa for Tier 1 Investors or Tier 1 Entrepreneurs: This is a high-value visa type for those of exceptional talent or those intending to invest a great deal of money in the UK.
- Representatives of an Overseas Business: This grants a member of your business immigration clearance to conduct your affairs in the UK.
- Tier 4 Student Visa: This is the immigration clearance for students with offers to study at a UK institution for more than six months.
The level of detail, fees and required documents expected make applying for entry clearance a lengthy process. These documents also vary between each visa type.
Due to the fees involved with the application, it is vital that a first application is completed with as much professionalism as possible. Our lawyers are experienced at getting positive outcomes for all types of immigration clearance. They will be able to assist you with any application you make.
When you apply for a UK visa, the main documents you will need are:
- Your passport
- Travel documents
- Your immigration history
- Documents relating to your identity
- A small passport photograph
Having the relevant documents is important for any visa application as they prove you are suitable.
There are also different document requirements for each type of UK visa. If you do not provide the proper documents, your application may be subject to a Burden of Proof and refused.
An application form is needed for each applicant regardless of whether or not they have their own passport. There will be a fee for the main applicant and each dependent and the requirements may change if more applicants are added.
Also, if the passport includes a person who is not a member of the family of the applicant, a separate passport and visa will be required to apply for a UK visa.
Our immigration lawyers provide an expert service. We can answer any questions and help you apply for a UK visa of any type.
Your lawyer will manage every part of your application and support you with extensive advice throughout the process.
Your lawyer will:
- Assess your eligibility for your chosen route;
- Perform a full document check;
- Liaise with you over the phone or via Skype at a suitable time for you;
- Prepare a personalized Letter of Representation to go with your application;
- Maintain contact with the Entry Clearance Office;
- Complete all your application forms in full to the highest standard.
Get in touch on +1844 290 6312 or make an inquiry for advice on how to apply for a UK visa relevant to your personal situation.