USA and the UK
Verusha has always aspired to be a lawyer since a young age and regularly participated in debates at both school and university level.
She is a dual-national of South Africa and the UK and having been through the immigration process herself in the past, she developed a keen interest in this area of law.
She feels that her personal experience of the immigration process in the past allows her to relate to her clients and their circumstances on a personal level.
Verusha has been working in Immigration since 2013 and throughout these years she has accumulated a solid understanding of the rules, practices, and processes within immigration. Since commencing a career in immigration, she has managed a portfolio of casework assignments and has submitted applications for:
· PBS applications under all tiers with special expertise in Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) applications for Entry Clearance, further leave to remain and Indefinite Leave to Remain.
· Sponsor Licences and Compliance Audits/advice sessions inclusive of Tier 2 applications for both switching inside the UK and Entry Clearance.
· Short Term Visas such as Family / Visitor and Business Visitor Visas.
· Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) and British Nationality Applications.
· EEA applications such as Residence cards, family permits, derivative rights, Zambrano, retained rights and Surinder Singh
· Verusha has also provided significant support to senior caseworkers in drafting grounds for appeal and preparing appeal bundles.
LL.B law degree from the University of Hertfordshire
LL.M from the University of Law
Level 1 OISC adviser qualification
English – Native