Casework Assistant – Manchester
The Immigration Advice Service are now looking for a Casework Assistant to join our team based in Manchester City Centre with immediate effect.
The perfect candidate will have an exceptional telephone manner, as well as excellent experience in a telesales related position. This will need to be combined with a high standard of administrative skills, and legal experience or having worked within a customer service role would be advantageous.
IAS offer a friendly, inclusive working environment within a growing and dynamic team. To read more about our values, please click here.
Overall Purpose of the Job:
To deal with enquiries from new clients and provide administrative and secretarial support to caseworkers in connection with casework and other services provided to clients. To provide assistance to caseworkers in case management and provide advice up to competence level. To be able to provide telesales services for fee paying clients.
- To deal with enquiries from new clients over the telephone and in person or by email.
- To provide telesales services for fee paying clients
- To provide assistance to caseworkers in case management and provide advice up to OISC competence level.
- Provide full secretarial and administrative support including preparing standard letters, maintaining files and filing systems, audio and copy typing as required, photocopying, faxing, making appointments, arranging interpreters, maintaining diaries and dealing with incoming and outgoing mail.
- Assist line manager and other colleagues with maintaining records in accordance with the IAS Office Manual, including administrative tasks relating both to fee and Legal Aid funded cases, and copying whole files when transferring to new representatives.
- Undertake reception duties when required, answering enquiries from new and existing clients, dealing with callers in caseworkers’ absence making sure a record is made of the query and details of the client who has called
- Ensure that information on cases is kept up to date using manual or computerised systems as appropriate.
- Liaise with other offices of IAS in connection with the transfer of cases/clients, appointments and other matters.
- Attend training events and conferences as required
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required by managers
- An ability and willingness to travel between offices if required.
All employees of IAS have a duty to:
- Work within the spirit of IAS Equal Opportunities Policy at all times
- Take due care of their own Health and Safety and that of others in their working environment
- Ensure that their work conforms to IAS standards of accuracy and quality
- Observe client confidentiality
For further information, please contact email@example.com